Monday, September 24, 2007
My full data set has now arrived and the code I have allready developed needs little altering. One part that did require some changes, was a loop that cycled 125 000 times for the 900000 data samples that I have. This took to long for my computer to process, and I have determined a much more efficient way to process the data. All my code is complete and can be run on the full data set. However, I am still waiting on a list that determines if the randomised broker id's are retail or institutional brokers. Once this is obtained (hopefully this week) my results will be available and can be written up.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
I have now finished the front end of my thesis, and all that is now needed to be written up is the results and conclusion. My sample data has just arrived (finally) so I can now start programming. The practice code i did earlier will help, and alot of the code I developed earlier can easily be altered to suit this data. I have just finished all my mid semesters and can now completely focus on my thesis. Hopefully I will have all the codeing completed by the end of the mid semester break.